Old August 16th 11, 07:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alan Spicer Alan Spicer is offline

Default Using speaker wire for a dipole

No sir, your radio already knows that trick. It will feel that it is being
cheated by you using speaker wire and will refuse to send RF out the antenna
jack. (I'm just kidding.) :-)

But seriously it should work just fine. Treat it as insulated 18 gauge wire.
I did use Radio Shack Flat copper Mega Speaker Cable as Ground Radials - I
zipped them in half and each package made 2 radial wires.

73 de KA4UDX,

---
Alan Spicer

"KD2AIP" wrote in message

Anyone have experience making a dipole from 18 gauge speaker wire? I
have a whole lot of it lying around the house, and was wondering if I
could put it to some good use.