Old August 21st 11, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
philo philo is offline

Default Heathkit is BACK!

On 08/20/2011 11:12 PM, Fritz Wuehler wrote:
http://www.heathkit.com/

The kits mentioned aren't going to be of interest to anyone.

For some good ideas of what would be of interest, just check old HeathKit
catalogs. Times may have changed, but we haven't. We like amateur radio
kits, stereo kits, clock kits, computer kits. Only a bit of updating is
necessary to sell all you can make.

Ah yes
the good old days.

Though I built a few Knightkits in my time
I never built any Heathkits but I did once own
a Heathkit Cheyenne transmitter.

At one time I used the external power supply
as a battery charger for my '53 Chevy truck.
(bought it in 1971)

I just took the heavy duty 6v filament winding
and ran it to a bridge rectifier.

The truck usually did start on cold days...
but quite often I'd park it on the top of a hill
and "pop the clutch" to get it started.

The hill was long enough to give me three chances
and only once did that method not work

Times have changed...
and Heathkit will never be what it was back in the old days...
nothing will be like it once was back then