Old August 21st 11, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jeffrey Angus[_2_] Jeffrey Angus[_2_] is offline

Default Auto-pilot QSOs

Having finally gotten back on the air after a substantial
absence, I noticed a rather disturbing trend especially
with the PSK mode.

If I stick with the macros, "My station is" "My software
is" and so forth, the other end of the contact will stick
around until he runs out of macro buttons to click on.

If I come back immediately with a hand typed line of
conversation, they sign 73 almost immediately.

Please don't tell me to go down on CW, it's the same
problem down there. Albeit not as much. Same thing on
SSB.

It's like they're reading from a teleprompter and if you
get out of sequence, they go completely blank.

If the whole thing about amateur radio is communicating,
how come so many people can't seem to communicate?

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"