Old August 30th 11, 08:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Helmut Wabnig[_2_] Helmut Wabnig[_2_] is offline

Default Thoughts about the tape measure 3 element direction finding Yagi

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 14:24:01 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 22:09:00 +0200, Helmut Wabnig [email protected] ---
-.dotat wrote:

Am still struggling with the tape-measure correction factors
for the antenna simulator (4nec2)
Anybody having already tried simulating tape measure antennas?

Not tape measures, but I have done stamped sheet metal, which is
somewhat similar. See the plots at:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/mfj1800/index.html
The NEC2 deck is under:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/mfj1800/slides/mfj-1800.html

Thank you for the examples!

w.
http://www.qsl.net/oe8uww/

The problem is that the common "wire" rod antenna elements aren't
close enough. So, I had to use the actual dimensions from the sheet
metal. You'll probably need to do the same, with the added
complication of including the arc in the cross section. It's not as
horrible as it might seem as all your elements are the same cross
section. Use the "Geometry Builder" program that comes with 4NEC2.

I cannot imagine running through underbrush thicket with the MAY1000.
It will quickly fold into it's sales package size :-)

Have you considered an inflatable version?

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/jota/pdf/TURNER.pdf
Hmmm.... they use a WB2HOL tape measure antenna.