Old August 31st 11, 06:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Chinese duplexers

Sal wrote:

If your intent is to experiment with the cheap duplexer, what I have to
offer is irrelevant. However, if you aim to build a repeater, consider
getting your isolation over distance (much greater than 10m). Put the
transmitter and receiver a few km apart and link them using another band
authorized in your area (440?).

Acutally that's the real purpose of the whole experiement. We are looking
at setting up a system of internet linked remote inputs (and possibly
low power local outputs) using Linux and SVXLINK.

Right now the final destination is an Echolink type node (SVXLINK also
acts as an Echolink server), but one of the things we wanted to experiment
with is an actual repeater.

Thanks,

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.