Old August 31st 11, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dave dave is offline

Default Chinese duplexers

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

We still don't have a clear description of what the OP is trying to
accomplish.

Take two radios, two j-poles and a lot of coax and make a repeater.
Obviously I will need some sort of controller in between but that's
irrelevant.

I want to place one J-pole (or similar antenna) at one corner of my garden,
and another at the other one (10 meters apart).

One will be used to receive a signal, the other to relay it. They both
will be somewhere on the 144-146mHz band, with the output being a few watts
with a max of 20.

Besides the distance, I was looking for a cheap way of not having
the transmitted signal block the receiver. The duplexer in question
is rated at 75dB isolation with a 3.5mHz split, I can only have .6 mHz.

What I was wondering is that since at a .6mHz split, the isolation will
be a lot less, can I somehow combine the two sides to make a better
filter?

Thanks,

Geoff.

If you have two antennas you don't need a duplexer. Just notch the
transmit from the receive antenna.