Old September 1st 11, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
amdx amdx is offline

Default MFJ-868 SWR/Wattmeter

On 8/31/2011 10:55 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:57:31 -0500, wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Likewise. alt.internet.wireless appears to be dead. Oh well.
Thanks for posting the info on the coax cable in the MFJ-1800. I
couldn't find the applicable message with Google Groups.

I see MFJ now has a Bi-Quad 12dbi antenna.
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Produc...uctid=MFJ-1804
If I send the the dimensions....

Ummm.... please don't do that.

Just kidding!

Whew!

Interesting MFJ-1804 biquad antenna. In order to get 12dBi gain out
of something like that, it would either need to be 2 biquads and some
kind of power splitter, or one of those extended biquads as in:
http://www.larsen-b.com/Article/201.html

Ya, I have my doubts about the 12 dbi gain figure. I have built a few
biquads, (with your feed point correction), it has amazed me how easy
it is to make them work (at 2.4 Ghz), I always thought the short
wavelength would cause many dimensional errors. Yes, they work, what
does "work" mean :-)
I've settled on a flat panel antenna for my boat antenna
(15dbi manu. spec.) At one time I had a dish with biquad feed, but it
was to tight, when the wind blew or tide changed it would miss the target.
Do you believe the 20 dbi figure?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-DBi-2-4GH...25749399603295

Mikek