Old April 20th 04, 07:27 PM
Steve Nosko

I dunn-o. I had great success with this cricuit. It's used in all the
older Motorola channel elements. Just about any rock will fly at the
fundamental unless its really bad. You can play with the ratio of the two
feedback caps (Base-to-emitter and emitter-to-ground) Base-to-emitter cap
decrease to get more feedback. I even modeled one of these on P-Spice.
Really neat to see it oscillate.

like Figure 7:

http://www.northcountryradio.com/PDFs/column007.pdf

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

"Steve Nosko" wrote in message
Get something working with a good crystal first.

A Google search (Colpitts Crystal oscillator circuits) turned up lots of
gate oscillators. This has the type of transistor oscillators I am used

using:

http://hem.passagen.se/communication/txo.html

There are many other references at:
http://users.telenet.be/educypedia/e...osciltypes.htm