Old September 3rd 11, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
clifford wright clifford wright is offline

Location: helensville new zealand
Default souce of HF toroid cores in Australasia.

atec77 wrote in :

On 25/08/2011 9:03 PM, clifford wright wrote:
Good Day all!
My "new" (it began building in 1985) receiver is very nearly finished
and ready for use.
It was long delayed by family events and a multitude of synthesiser
problems, but now we have DDS synthesisers this is no longer an
issue.
Just a few AGC attack problems to iron out and some tuned circuits
at the
front end to arrange.
I have some very nice 12.5mm toroids (violet) which work Very well
from 1 to 20 MHz but take a severe dive in performance above there.
What I need is a source of toroids of the same size but with a
frequency range with high Q from say 15 to 60 Mhz. These are for the
bandpass tuned rf filter and the 1st IF @ 45 MHz.
Anyone got any ideas where I might obtain a few out here in NZ.
None of the local suppliers have anything like this and they are also
generally very ignorant of the proper use of toroids especially at
HF. Any suggestions very gratefully received.
Regards Clifford Wright ZL1BDA ex G3NIA

I would email amidon directly

Thanks for the suggestion Amidon were very helpful and have low postage
rates.
ZL1BDA