Old September 5th 11, 04:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Coslo[_2_] Mike Coslo[_2_] is offline

Default MFJ-868 SWR/Wattmeter

On 9/5/2011 2:58 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

What bugs me is that the diodes are blowing up despite this rather low
resistance to ground. Either hams are finding some rather high power
ESD sources with which to blow up their analyzers, or some other
failure mechanism is involved.

I've had more than one device damaged while operating around High power
equipment, with probable RF in the shack excursions. My MFJ analyzer, an
old Sony camera that had it's floppy drive head destroyed, and a couple
other things I cannot remember.

I haven't had any problem with the analyzer since installing my dummy
load on it.

But that brings up something interesting. You're reading 50 Ohms on the
input connector? Isn't that going to make *all* readings somewhere near 1:1?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -