Old September 7th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Coslo[_2_] Mike Coslo[_2_] is offline

Default MFJ-868 SWR/Wattmeter

On 9/6/2011 12:58 AM, Owen Duffy wrote:

That is probably key, don't trust other people... and be pretty wary of
one's self!

It is interesting you mention the Other Persons thing... I am in the
process of drafting a web article commenting on the advice that is so
common these days on online fora, "can you borrow an analyser?..."

It is a good lesson, (be wary) and I think that MFJ makes another
"analyzer", the 207, which will suit the average user just fine, as long
as they are not needing V/UHF. It's cheap, simple, small, and I used one
before I got into HF mobile. It doesn't show anything but SWR. Given
that that is what most people are interested in, it suits well.

Then after a bit of reading, and talking they might start to look for
the interesting details, and the instruments to measure those details.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -