Old September 8th 11, 05:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default MFJ-868 SWR/Wattmeter

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 17:46:03 -0400, Mike Coslo wrote:

I have repaired many devices that "I didn't do anything to it - it just
happened!"
- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Well, an admission of guilt would certainly be handy. Before anything
can be repaired, a suitable culprit must be found or assigned. Nothing
can be repaired without first establishing the blame.

If the owner confesses to gross negligence, the repair can proceed
normally. However, if he refuses to accept the blame, someone else
must be found. That's often difficult as one should not blame the
person doing the repairs. It is sometimes convenient to loan the
instrument to a fellow ham, and then blame them for blowing it up. As
a last resort, inflicting inquisition style torture on the owner will
eventually extract a confession, although subsequently getting paid
for the repair might be difficult.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#