Old September 8th 11, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default MFJ-868 SWR/Wattmeter

Dave Platt wrote:

I think I blew up my first piece of test gear at the age of 14 or
so... tried to measure line voltage, with the VOM control still set on
"ohms". POP!

Fortunately it was just one resistor... I eventually replaced it, and
I still have that old 1000 ohm/volt VOM (a 1965-vintage Lafayette)
sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Were you involved with THE pinball machine?

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.