Old September 8th 11, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John S John S is offline

Default MFJ-868 SWR/Wattmeter

On 9/8/2011 1:17 PM, Dave Platt wrote:
In ,
Jim wrote:

Anyone who has never accidentally cooked a piece of test equipment just
hasn't been working long enough.

"Experience is directly proportional to equipment destroyed."

I think I blew up my first piece of test gear at the age of 14 or
so... tried to measure line voltage, with the VOM control still set on
"ohms". POP!

Fortunately it was just one resistor... I eventually replaced it, and
I still have that old 1000 ohm/volt VOM (a 1965-vintage Lafayette)
sitting in a drawer somewhere.

So, you only did it *once* in all this time? Every few years I do the
same thing, except the fuse catches my error.

John KD5YI