Old September 9th 11, 08:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Helmut Wabnig[_2_] Helmut Wabnig[_2_] is offline

Default Thoughts about the tape measure 3 element direction finding Yagi

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:05:14 -0700 (PDT), Noskosteve
wrote:

On Aug 28, 3:09*pm, Helmut Wabnig [email protected] --- -.dotat wrote:
(repost updated)
All started because I could not get the PVC tubing which the many
internet sites propose. ...
Regards, w.

While not adding to your solution I saw this posting and had to put in
a plug for my simplification.

I made a simplification to Joe's beam and want to let others know.

Instead of paying for those hose clamps, I simply use a short piece
of the tubing to hold the tape. It takes a little Dremel grinding to
remove the step inside, but makes a nice, clean design with the hair-
pin match inside.

Photos and videos on my site:

Photos:
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/site/?/photos/

Videos:
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/site/?...Radio_Control/

Looks good.

I always wonder from where you people get the PVC tubes.
My local construction markets don't.

Since you have it, can you try to make the center elements movable,
this should work with the PVC tubes also.

w.