Old September 11th 11, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_3_] Sal[_3_] is offline

Default MFJ-868 SWR/Wattmeter

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
news
snip

I carry a neon lamp line tester in my tool box. It's useful for
checking AC power, but also for detecting high voltages on antenna
terminals. It's amazing what I find at broadcast sites.

Yup. My work on USN ships showed me some of that. Within a few feet of any
HF transmit antennas, what they call "standing rigging," things that are
mounted or attached topside, can be energized with hundreds of volts. The
Navy imposes RF RADHAZ and RF BURN zones in selcted topside areas. They're
always marked and sometimes cordoned off with physical barriers.