Old April 21st 04, 04:05 AM
Mike T.

"Uwe" wrote in message
So the project is done and you want to put it in a box, maybe even paint
it...

Well here is a slightly unrelated inquiry, maybe someone here knows to

point
me in the right direction or give me the proper name for a kind of paint,

call it a crinkle finish, some refer to it as alligator finish.

It is the kind of paint finish you see on Bolex and Arriflex movie

cameras,
I also see it on military style electronic gear, very resilient, black
crinkly finish which also prevents the item from slipping out of your

hand.

What is it really called and who would have such stuff??

73 Uwe

See above links for various possibilities, sorry I can't help you. However,
being a 'film professsional', by virture of my job, I've also seen these
cameras 'up close'. What I was wondering was: is this truly 'paint' on those
Arri's or more like a custom colored & baked on finish. The finishes are
almost bulletproof / scratchproof and talk about resilient. If those cameras
are indeed 'painted' - it's amazing because of it's durability.

Thanks for a good question
Mike T