Old September 13th 11, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Losses in shunt-fed towers

Hi Jimmie,

I am not sure of what you mean to say.

With regard to the IR loss (by the way, I presume that "IR" means I squared
times R), there is little difficulty to estimate them once you know the RF
current.

But my point was to estimate any extra losses caused by the very high voltage
that develops at the antenna terminal. I would not know how to estimate those.

73

Tony I0JX

Please forgive me but it seems a little odd that someone who can make
the calculations you have made can not compute the IR losses in the
feed. You are almost there.

Jimmie

Jimmie