Old September 13th 11, 07:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default streaming audio ap Internet Shortwave Reciever Professional Software Ver. 1.5

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:39:13 -0700, Jim Lux
wrote:

Oddly, I have been looking for a simple streaming audio app (to bring
back audio from remote receivers via 802.11 for a antenna measurement
project)... This one is clearly not it, but what else is out there.

Skype. It's commonly used to deliver the audio portion of HRD (Ham
Radio Deluxe). Install the remote end with your favorite operating
system and set Skype to auto-answer any incoming calls from your
account. As soon as you connect, you get audio, with fairly low
latency.

If you want to roll your own, there's:
http://www.speakfreely.org

There's also:
http://umediaserver.net/umediaserver/download.html
There are plenty of other streaming audio apps available. However, be
careful as many of them are designed for streaming music or video, and
therefore have enormous latency. I vaguely recall my adventure with
Microsloth Media Encoder 9 and it's 45 second delay.

If you want multiple channels of audio, better bandwidth, or have some
exotic requirements, you'll need to supply more detail.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D