Old September 13th 11, 09:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Helmut Wabnig[_2_] Helmut Wabnig[_2_] is offline

Default Radio Vorticity and Bandwidth Extension

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:40:37 -0400, "J.B. Wood"
wrote:

Hello, all. I came across an article in one of my science mags in which
some researchers had discovered a method to coax more bandwidth out of a
given portion of the EM spectrum by "twisting" radio waves together.
Nothing more technical than that in the article. Well, I managed to
find one the author's papers on the subject online:

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1107.2348v2

If this technique is viable, I'm wondering why it is only now being
contemplated. Note the "twisted parabolic antenna" (Fig. 3A) on p.16.
Of course this makes me want to do some experiments in the ham bands.
(I hope this doesn't turn out to be another CFA-like pursuit).
Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

Looks like an April fool joke to me.

w.