Old September 15th 11, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Losses in shunt-fed towers

Yes.. but that's usually a LONG way from where there's detectable RFI or noise
for instance. When you can see visible corona from some meters away, you're
probably in the 10s or maybe low 100s of kV range.

My antenna voltage gets up to about 12 kV peak.

I will try listening at a short wave receiver placed very close to the antenna
and tuned to a vacant frequency slot. Increasing the transmitted carrier power,
at the power level at which the corona effect has instated, I should note an
abrupt received noise increase. .

73

Tony I0JX