Old September 16th 11, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default streaming audio ap Internet Shortwave Reciever ProfessionalSoftware Ver. 1.5

On 9/13/2011 10:39 AM, Jim Lux wrote:
On 9/12/2011 9:38 PM, Sal wrote:
wrote in message

Wait a minute. What this guy is selling is a streaming audio app, not a
"shortwave radio" program.

Correct. The screen display is a "fake" radio. Tsk, tsk!

Oddly, I have been looking for a simple streaming audio app (to bring
back audio from remote receivers via 802.11 for a antenna measurement
project)... This one is clearly not it, but what else is out there.

Simplecast.

And it's free, or used to be, if you only need 4 hours at a time. (I
own a paid for copy for use in MPLS for extended emergency rebroadcasts
of nets.) I and a ham in Maine used to use it to distribute the weekend
"432 and Above EME Net". He had minimal bandwidth, I had enough and a
Shoutcast (Icecast) server and the net was always less than 4 hours. He
connected to me as the stream input and the listeners connected to my site.

Thanks to Shoutcast allowing their system to effectively be cloned they
made solutions like mine possible. They even allow these systems to
respond as "Shoutcast" when queried.

tom
K0TAR