Old September 18th 11, 06:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
'Doc 'Doc is offline

Default electric-fence wire?

I would think that if it's strong enough to hold up it's own weight
(plus a little more) then it should certainly be usable for an
antenna. Making connections to aluminum isn't exactly easy at times,
but can certainly be done. I've used the coated-steel type electric
fence wire, the hardest part about using it was the mechanical
aspects. It loves to kink. The best antenna wire is whatever you
happen to have enough of at the time, right??
- 'Doc