Old September 18th 11, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dave dave is offline

Default electric-fence wire?

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 22:16:42 -0700, 'Doc wrote:

I would think that if it's strong enough to hold up it's own weight
(plus a little more) then it should certainly be usable for an antenna.
Making connections to aluminum isn't exactly easy at times, but can
certainly be done. I've used the coated-steel type electric fence wire,
the hardest part about using it was the mechanical aspects. It loves to
kink. The best antenna wire is whatever you happen to have enough of at
the time, right??
- 'Doc

They sell aluminum grounding blocks at the hardware store, basically
aluminum bars with screw threads every half inch or so. These are cheap
and easily broken into usable splicing blocks, using a hammer and a vise.

I use these for mid-air splices on my loops, and for the radial system
for my verticals. Again, remove the screws, break as needed (remember
Cinch Jones barrier strips?), good DX!

http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical-...-Load-Centers-
Accessories/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbm0y/R-100173659/h_d2/ProductDisplay?
langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053