Old April 21st 04, 07:23 PM
Uwe

So here is what happenend, following some of the leads from here I got
myself a can of wrinkle paint through a local automotive supplier.

They want three heavy coats spaced ten minutes apart and then leave it alone
for 24h.

The wrinkle develops after 2 or so hours if you did everything right, mostly
that means heavy even coats.

I tested the stuff on an angled piece with corners and crevices and there it
is difficult to control the thickness and the results vary also. A flat
portion seems easier but you still need to control the thickness otherwise
you will end up with areas which don't wrinkle.

For my purpose, rejuvenating the face plate of a military type electronic
device I think I will be fine, but I can see that there is definetly a
learning curve before I spray paint my Bolex movie camera here in the
kitchen...

73 Uwe

in article ,
Paul_Morphy at wrote on 4/21/04 00:44:

"Mike T." wrote in message
See above links for various possibilities, sorry I can't help you.

However,
being a 'film professsional', by virture of my job, I've also seen these
cameras 'up close'. What I was wondering was: is this truly 'paint' on

those
Arri's or more like a custom colored & baked on finish. The finishes are
almost bulletproof / scratchproof and talk about resilient. If those

cameras
are indeed 'painted' - it's amazing because of it's durability.

These are Swiss and German cameras, after all. They don't fool around.
Commercial wrinkle finish required a few steps to complete, it wasn't simply
sprayed on. Like all good paint jobs, it was baked, which hardens it. I once
saw a 1969 GTO done in black wrinkle. Saved having to wax it, I guess.

73,

"PM"