Old September 20th 11, 11:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default streaming audio ap Internet Shortwave Reciever ProfessionalSoftware Ver. 1.5

Ben / SM0KBW wrote:

The SVXLINK project is an intresting one if I want to do FM and or
ECHOLINK - repeater stuff. If I just want an an audiostream then
it's i.m.h.o just to bloated with these DTMF, CTCSS .....

Bloat is relative. It's a reasonably small program that runs under Linux,
you probably could wedge it with the extras turned off onto an old router.

Gone are the days that speak freely was available, and you could run
remote audio pickups via piping the audio via ssh.

(sendprogram) | ssh computer (receiveprogam)

Worked well for me to pipe a receiver in Jerusalem via frame relay to a
remote speaker in Tel Aviv. This used 8k bits per second (plus overhead)
of a 64k bits per second line.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.