Old September 23rd 11, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann[_2_] Brenda Ann[_2_] is offline

Default A mammoth army of infected computers is being assembled

"dave" wrote in message
. ..

On 9/22/2011 3:34 PM, J R wrote:
Over 80 percent of the World uses Windows.There must be a reason why.

You hear that boys?!
On the TCM channel right now.
cuhulin

Because it comes pre-loaded in those mass market computers they sell at
big box stores?

Also because it is exceptionally simple to use. It is designed for the end
user. Linux may well be a "superior" OS in some respects, but one of them is
not its ease of adding new applications, nor its network interoperability
with Windows based systems on the same network. I will admit that Linux has
become a lot more hardware friendly. The first few times I tried it, you had
to pretty much have the hardware it was written for, or needed to know how
to write your own drivers. The GUI has also become better over time, but for
most who are not computer geeks (and some of us that are), it's still not
all that friendly to the end user.