Old September 23rd 11, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default A mammoth army of infected computers is being assembled

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:39:35 -0500, J R wrote:

In my opinion, if you build your own computer from scratch, you can make
it what you want without all that preloaded crap. cuhulin

I have a friend who's a gamer. Whenever he upgrades his gaming machine we
put the old one in the studio and run Ubuntu Studio on it.

Personally, I get a mid-range BCS motherboard and last year's flavor of
the month processor, and an 80 Plus PSU and I'm off. Memory costs
nothing. Linux costs nothing.

My ham radio computer is one of those $200 WalMart boxes from about 5
years ago.