Old September 24th 11, 07:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default You heard it here (before) first - FTL in the New York Times

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:41:47 -0700, "Sal" wrote:

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
.. .
"Tiny Neutrinos May Have Broken Cosmic Speed Limit"
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/sc...speed.html?hpw

I am impressed that they know the Permeability and Permittivity of
that dirt path to 0.0025% at any time of year, and time of day, for
any weather (for the speed of light comparison).

News followup:
"After Report on Speed, a Rush of Scrutiny"
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/24/sc....html?_r=1&hpw
"They asked detailed questions about, among other things, how the
scientists had measured the distance from CERN to Gran Sasso to what
is claimed to be an accuracy of 20 centimeters, extending GPS
measurements underground. Had they, for example taken into account the
location of the Moon and tidal bulges in the Earth’s crust?"

Feynman also addressed some of this. He's one of my heroes.

WWFD?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC