Old September 24th 11, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Kevin Alfred Strom Kevin Alfred Strom is offline

Default Latest Liberty Net via WB4AIO

On 9/24/2011 10:41 AM, John Smith wrote:
On 9/24/2011 1:37 AM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
On 9/14/2011 8:48 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 9/13/11 20:02 , Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

It's a labor of love. All the comments I see and get via email
indicate to me that it's making an impact on thinkers coming from
both the left and the right -- and moving them to that better place
which is neither left nor right, but "above." Hundreds of people
now
download the sound file every week.

Have you thought about putting it up as a podcast on iTunes?

No, but a recent girlfriend had iTunes and I found it to be
nightmarish
compared with my simple method of using Winamp and just putting
mp3s in
folders like any other files -- so I never thought about it.

Is there an advantage, you think, to getting it on iTunes?

With my best,

Kevin.

No, the kids and technically/politically illiterate are really not a
market for the deep thought material which your platform is based
on. If someone requires a different format, .mp3 is an excellent
media, from .mp3 it is a simple matter to load up a free converter
on a PC and convert to any media you think you need ...

I tend to favor the free VLC player over winamp, plays most stuff
right out of the box, plus, any codec you install is usable by VLC
and you can play any format I have ever downloaded from the net.
But, winamp is a very decent player ... one thing to avoid at all
cost is quicktime -- I think of as a virus which can play some
audio, video, media files ... I think of itunes as
high-school-teenie-bopper territory.

Regards,
JS

I have the VLC player, but I've mainly stuck with Winamp for playing
music because of the excellent free plugins.

I use one from Italy called Sound Solution which has all the
capabilities of an $8,000 broadcast audio processor (for controlling
the widely varying levels of free audio files, and enhancing the
sound), and another from Argentina called SqrSoft Advanced
Crossfading which intelligently mixes the end of one song with the
beginning of the next -- just as good as any broadcast automation
product I've ever used.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the suggestions -- I will
take a look at the possibilities.

With my best,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--