Old September 29th 11, 07:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_3_] Sal[_3_] is offline

Default LDG Z11 Pro II tuner with an Icom IC-761

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

... am now a practicing member of the Cult of
75 ohms. The difference is subtle. While worship of the 50 ohm idol
results in the maximum power transfer, the change to 75 ohms results
in minimum coax loss and somewhat easier antenna design. However, the
major benefit is it allows one to minimize the tithe paid to vendors
as CATV coax is cheap and readily available. I suggest you consider a
religious conversion.

Yes. Somebody in this group (you, maybe) previously promoted 75 ohm cable.
This past spring, I was modeling my 20m Field Day dipole, varying size and
height for best pattern shape and minimum VSWR. At optimum, it had almost
exactly 75 ohm feedpoint impedance. Having plenty of TV coax, I didn't
hesitate to go with it. The antenna worked wonderfully well at FD.
Transmitter seemed to like it just fine.

"Sal"