Old September 29th 11, 07:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy
Gray Guest Gray Guest is offline

Default Small gun, the serious protection you need ...

"Scout" wrote in
:

"RD Sandman" wrote in message
"Scout" wrote in
:

"BDK" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:29:19 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

.410 buck (or a choice), .357/.38 ....

good obama blaster, criminal public servant controller, etc. Could
stop 'em from stealing you SW radio, golf clubs, other guns, or
save your arse when you wake up to the conspiracy and the
conspirators want you silenced!

http://bondarmsusa.com/

(make sure you watch the video!)

Would even fit in the san fransicko boys' purses!

Regards,
JS

**** that. This is a much better weapon.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sp101/index.html

Five shots, better reload time, much more accurate.

Leave it to Johnny Kook to pick a POS like a Bond Arms 2 shot.

Dozens of better guns out there.

Depends on what you're after.

On a shot per shot basis, the .410 is going to deliver more to target.

effectively ten 30 caliber pellets to target in the time it takes to
pull the trigger twice.

A .410 handgun round contains 8 or 9 pellets if it is a #4 shot.

That's about right, the problem is you lose space because the pellets
are staggered. Thus a lot of the shell capacity is empty air.

It
contains 3 pellets if it is 000 which is approximately .36 caliber.

Maybe a few brands, but if you look around even in 2.5" you can get 4
pellets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=533166

and in 3" (which I believe I mentioned somewhere) you get 5 pellets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=170759

and .36 matches up nicely with the .357 caliber of the .38 and .357.

12ga shoots about 9 pellets in 00.

Again, with the 12, you lose capacity because the pellets are staggered.

In the .410 they are neatly lined up, making maximum use of the
available space.

Use a buffered shot and you will get a nice tight group at close ranges.

Whereas the Ruger is going to take 5 trigger pulls, a reload, and than
another 5 trigger pulls.

Nope. Go back and revisit the .410 load fired by a Judge.

Are you talking the regular Judge or the 3" Judge?

One gives you 4 pellets of triple aught, the other gives you 5.

The Bondarm's Century 2000 derringer, the gun under discussion, accepts
up to a 3" .410 shell.

Hence the 5 pellets discussed.

Of course, you could also load in a .410 with 5 pellets of 0000 buck
(0.375). Of course, you're probably going to need to mail order those,
and I think only a few manufacturers even make them.

:-)

That's not to say that one is a better gun than the other, but as in
so much it depends on what you're looking for it to do.

Also the .410 loading is generally reported to have a fairly high 1
shot stop percentage, since you are usually effectively hitting the
target multiple times in 1 shot.

Three, if all impact and you are shooting 000 buck.

Actually even if more than 1 hit, you will still be hitting the target
multiple times. :-)

However, if that's the case, odds are you didn't hit much of consequence
unless you're talking the head.

You need to fire
both barrels in a Bond 2 shot to equal the number of rounds in an
SP-101.

Uh, an SP-101 in .38/.357 only holds 5 rounds. That's equal to the
number of pellets of triple or quad aught buck in a 3" shell.

So you would have to fire until empty, reload, and then empty again,
your SP101 to get an equal number of lead pieces headed downrange to
match those produced by 2 pulls of the Bond's trigger.

:-)

Based on reports and testing, the rounds that produce the best one
shot stops are those that produce a nice hydrostatic shock wave in the
blood pressure that effectively shuts down the brain for a period of
time. Now that's not to say they are going to stay down, only that
they are going to drop on the first shot and stay down for a bit.
Shotguns do this quite effectively since they tend to dump a large
part of their energy to a broad section of the body inducing such a
hydrostatic shock. This, of course, depends upon a reasonably direct
impact to center mass.

So it all depends on your preferences, choices, and so on.

This is true.

My biggest objection would be the weight of the piece which IMO makes
it less of a carry piece. On the other hand it's flat which again IMO
makes it easier to conceal than a revolver.

True with the Bond derringer, not so with a Taurus Judge or the S&W.

Well, I wasn't intending this to be an in-depth review of all the
variations, only contesting Dudu's immediate and apparently arbitrary
dismissal of the Century 2000 as being unsuitable for self defense, and
challenging each of his talking points to establish that.

About the only point that was really valid was the accuracy issue, but
at self defense ranges a gun doesn't need to be particularly accurate
hence my noting it as pretty much a moot point.

Honestly, after several years of looking at derringers and some of the
absurd calibers they come in, I find it hard to fault the choice of any
lightweight J frame. The more serious calibers are often as wide and nearly
as long and always weigh more. Mine hides very well and while reloading
isn't really an issue at close range (IMO) reloading a derringer can be a
PITA. I bought some Speed Strips and I can carry the J-Frame and 2 Speed
strips very comfortably. I really only would carry it if the 908 or G-19
was impractical for some reason, though.

--
Words of wisdom

What does not kill you... probably didn't cause enough tissue damage.