Old September 30th 11, 07:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_3_] Sal[_3_] is offline

Default back and front MALWARE girl

"tom" wrote in message
. net...
On 9/29/2011 1:20 PM, dave wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:55:48 -0500, tom wrote:

At home - 2 independent firewalls, dual different antivirus, dual
different anti-malware, plus a lot more and I still don't feel all that
safe. But one of my work hats is to be professionally paranoid. I just
wish work was as tight as home.

tom
K0TAR

I just use Ubuntu and don't worry about it.

I need Win and X windows both. Some things are not easily portable. Even
when running CrossOver. Which is an incredible piece of work for Office
and lots of other stuff, the old antenna programs don't work well, if at
all. As well as the new ones.

Disclaimer - I have not tried ELNEC yet.

On to an OS low key rant.

I have machines from OS9, a unix style OS for microcomputers (the real one
from Motorola for 68xx and 68xxx CPUs, not Apple) through Win98, 2000, XP
Home/Pro, and some versions of Win7.

And some flavors of linux that most people don't play with because they
require knowledge of the underbelly.

tom
K0TAR

I have Linux on an old machine (P3, 1 GHz, 256M RAM) that really doesn't do
it justice. I was impressed that it recognized almost every USB device I
plugged in, new or old. I really should get a newer machine and load it up
with Ubuntu.

Sal