Old October 2nd 11, 08:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
AJL[_2_] AJL[_2_] is offline

Default back and front MALWARE girl

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:44:52 -0500, tom wrote:

On 9/29/2011 1:20 PM, dave wrote:

I just use Ubuntu and don't worry about it.

I need Win and X windows both.

In Windows I use Firefox with the QuickJava extension. It puts on/off
buttons at the bottom of the browser window that make turning on and
off browser functions (flash, java, javascript, ect) quick and easy.
When exploring I only leave text and images active. If I find a site I
want to chance that needs flash or script I just turn it on and
refresh. It's not foolproof of course but a different approach. And if
I'm just reading text sites (newspaper, forums ect) I leave everything
off but text and images and most of the flashy moving annoying ads
which I hate are disabled which also improves the page loading time a
bunch.