Old October 5th 11, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default back and front MALWARE girl

On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:35:02 -0500, dave wrote:

At least we're not spending $160 for the privilege of BSODs! I like Puppy
Linux, which I believe is GTK on top of Ubuntu. Not pretty but incredibly
responsive. Will run on anything from first gen Pentium.

I haven't seen many BSOD's on Windoze boxes in maybe 10 years. The
only time I see them is when I'm playing with drivers or when I'm
trying to untrash the filesystem. I look at it differently. $160 is
a bit over 2 hours of my billable labor rate. If Windoze saves me 2
hours of time, I break even.

I think the desktop manager in Puppy Linux is JWM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JWM
apparently on top of Ubuntu.

I like AntiX for small footprint machines.
http://antix.mepis.org
PII with 128MB is about the minimum usable config although it will
allegedly run on older CPU's with 64MB.

Features and functions get added faster than bugs get fixed. The end
result is a bloated and buggy machine, full of useless features, that
runs at the speed of a snail. This applies to Linux distro as well as
Windoze and OS/X. "Bigger, Better, Faster.... pick any two".

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D