Old October 5th 11, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jerrold Jones Jerrold Jones is offline

Default how can I measure resonant frequency of Toko coil with dip meter?

I have a project where I am going to modify an internal receiver circuit
that uses Toko style coils for the various stages. I want to be able to
determine the resonant frequency of these coils. I'm told I can do this
with a dip meter, but I'm not sure how. The Toko coils are shielded. If I
just bring the dip meter coil near, I don't get a response. Am I going to
have to remove the Toko coils from the circuit, remove the metal shield, and
then move the dip meter close and adjust for the dip or is there a simpler
way?

Thanks in advance,
Jer