Old October 6th 11, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default back and front MALWARE girl

On 10/5/2011 11:59 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:35:02 -0500, wrote:

At least we're not spending $160 for the privilege of BSODs! I like Puppy
Linux, which I believe is GTK on top of Ubuntu. Not pretty but incredibly
responsive. Will run on anything from first gen Pentium.

I haven't seen many BSOD's on Windoze boxes in maybe 10 years. The
only time I see them is when I'm playing with drivers or when I'm
trying to untrash the filesystem. I look at it differently. $160 is
a bit over 2 hours of my billable labor rate. If Windoze saves me 2
hours of time, I break even.

Unless that sentences you to lots more hours later. Then you cost
yourself. Beware the easy path. Or at least research it.

I have to say the front end investment on Linux has been proven to be a
better investment than Windows "ease of install" and nasty programming
environment. For instance dot net does seem to leak.

Been there, worked all sides of the argument including Apple and I'll
take Linux and Apple in that order.

tom
K0TAR