Old April 25th 04, 11:57 PM
G.Beat

"Lou" wrote in message
I've been looking for a 4 pin voltage regulator. I have a particular
number
in mind (uA78HG), but so far as I know, they're not in production anymore.
I've looked in a couple places on line for a 4 pin job, with no luck.
Since
the one I "need" seems to be gone for good, right now I'm willing to use
any
12 vdc - 15 vdc 1 Amp or more voltage regulator to get my power supply
going
to any extent - rather than leaving it collect dust or tearing it apart.

Failing finding a VR of my needs, I guess I'll have to redesign this thing
to work some other way. I thought a last minute search may produce
something
to make life easier. Any ideas? With all the crap I have here, I could
build
a few power supplies (probably). But never ever - do I have the part "I"
need.

Lou

The LM396 is another possibility, capable of 10 amps - BUT is limited to 15
volts
http://www.assistlab.co.kr/contents/.../lm196_396.pdf

Construction & Theory
http://www.qsl.net/vk5br/PowerSup.htm