Old October 9th 11, 07:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy
Rocky Rocky is offline

Default (OT) Steve Jobs.

"John Smith" wrote in message
On 10/5/2011 8:10 PM, J R wrote:
I just now heard on TV news he has died.
cuhulin

I guess you just can't keep charging people too much for hardware and OS
forever ... someone elses' turn now ...

Regards,
JS

FYI I owe my life to an old Apple ][+ because I learned machine language
programming on one of those and then through a series of events ended up
being a full time programmer for IBM personal computers that got to travel
all over the place like from Boston, MA to Orlando, FL via New York City
were I went to the top of the South Tower. And I went to places like San
Francisco, Los Angeles, Catalina Island, Amarillo, TX even up to Vancouver
Canada and a lot of other places in the mid states.

Two of the things I did on the Apple ][e computers while I was still in
school were to rewrite the OS so it could load the first two programs on a
disk without loading the entire OS depending on what number I pressed while
booting and I changed my OS so I no longer had to spell out the entire word
CATALOG. All I had to do was spell cat or catwhatever (meaning as long at
the word "cat" was spelled in upper or lower case it didn't matter what
letters were behind it).

Yep, I owe my life to Steve Jobs even though I never bought an iPhone, iPad
or iPod but I might buy an iPhone if Sprint will let me keep my current plan
with unlimited phone as modem.

Rocky