Old October 10th 11, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy,talk.politics.guns
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default (OT) Steve Jobs.

On 10/10/2011 12:56 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
In ,
John wrote:

then sold them the software for
exorbitant prices ... signed them into exploitative contracts, etc.

Really? And they signed these contracts with the children? Because I was
under the impression that schools had people who were qualified to agree
to such contracts...

Contracts which stipulated only apple people maintained the college
hardware ... etc., etc. Games within games, really.

Then they were free not to sign them, weren't they? Ergo: not
strongarmed at all.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's I taught at a jr. college, I seen
first hand how apples predatory sales techniques worked.

Clearly.

Finally, at the college, a few of us wrote letters of complaint to the
"higher ups" and rectified the problem ... there was also some business
of "incentives" being passed about about by apple to those who
controlled purchasing ... lunches, wining and dining, etc. However,
digital equipment corporation also participated in such practices ...
(DEC)

However, one thing I did notice, the "apple room" was always full of
liberal arts students while the PC sections of the computer labs always
contained the math, physics, science, etc. students ... just as a casual
observation ...

Riiiiiiiight.

Regards,
JS

Your post is an excellent example of what I have found about "Apple
People", they have a religious devotion to the platform ...

Your post is an excellent example of someone who believes that anyone
who sees value where you do not must do it out of religious devotion...

Personally, the only reason I use a PC, and refuse MAC's, is that I
write much of the software I use ... plus, I private contract to develop
software on multiple platforms (even though I am retired, for the most
part) ... while most of that could be done on a MAC, it simply would not
make economic sense, for me ... I mean, I am in the business to make
money -- NOT pay money to apple ... apple has worked hard in being one
of the most proprietary corps I have ever seen, I think they can do that
without me ...

In what way is the Mac more "proprietary" than Windows from your
perspective? The fact that they've always sold computers with their own
OS? You can write software for that platform just as you can for Windows
or for Linux.

Windows doesn't hold patents on the hardware, to run their software,
just for starters ... and, they don't have an iphone, or even an idildo,
for that matter! ROFLOL

So?

Apple's suddenly an evil empire because they make hardware and Microsoft
doesn't?

Actually, you have missed the point, gotten off track, the conversation
I seen was focused on fools and overpaying for the same bang less buck
will do ...

It isn't that apple is evil for taking fools money, the fools always end
up giving it to some one ... nor are the fools evil ... evil just
doesn't really apply.

If fools willingly give you money, I am not aware of any crimes which
have been broken, nor evil criminals at fault ... I mean, like, DUH!

Regards,
JS