Old October 10th 11, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy,talk.politics.guns
D Peter Maus[_2_] D Peter Maus[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) Steve Jobs.

On 10/10/11 16:27 , Alan Baker wrote:
In ,
John wrote:

Your post is an excellent example of what I have found about "Apple
People", they have a religious devotion to the platform ...

Your post is an excellent example of someone who believes that anyone
who sees value where you do not must do it out of religious devotion...

Personally, the only reason I use a PC, and refuse MAC's, is that I
write much of the software I use ... plus, I private contract to develop
software on multiple platforms (even though I am retired, for the most
part) ... while most of that could be done on a MAC, it simply would not
make economic sense, for me ... I mean, I am in the business to make
money -- NOT pay money to apple ... apple has worked hard in being one
of the most proprietary corps I have ever seen, I think they can do that
without me ...

In what way is the Mac more "proprietary" than Windows from your
perspective? The fact that they've always sold computers with their own
OS? You can write software for that platform just as you can for Windows
or for Linux.

Windows doesn't hold patents on the hardware, to run their software,
just for starters ... and, they don't have an iphone, or even an idildo,
for that matter! ROFLOL

So?

Apple's suddenly an evil empire because they make hardware and Microsoft
doesn't?

Actually, you have missed the point, gotten off track, the conversation
I seen was focused on fools and overpaying for the same bang less buck
will do ...

It isn't that apple is evil for taking fools money, the fools always end
up giving it to some one ... nor are the fools evil ... evil just
doesn't really apply.

If fools willingly give you money, I am not aware of any crimes which
have been broken, nor evil criminals at fault ... I mean, like, DUH!

Regards,
JS

As I said:

How arrogant to assume that anyone who sees value in what you do not
must be a fool...

It's a cultural standard, today.