Old October 10th 11, 10:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy
Howard Brazee Howard Brazee is offline

Default (OT) Steve Jobs.

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:02:04 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

Not for decades - forever. Each generation is dumber, has poorer
values, and is in every way worse than the previous generation - as
defined by the previous generation. Everything good peaked at the
previous generation after millennia of improvement, but is now going
down hill.

For any value of "now" that you wish to use getting its previous
generation to make the valuation.

Well, an example of that might be my own childhood, and that "past
generation."

Eighty-percent of the people owned their own homes, twenty-percent were
buying (mortgages, renting, etc.) -- today that is totally upside down
and an excellent indication of the trouble we are in ...

So is renting an example of a generation being dumber?

They choose to rent instead of buy because they are dumb?

Or is it they are dumb enough to create the economy where it made more
sense to rent than to buy?

- James Madison