Old October 11th 11, 12:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy,talk.politics.guns
BAR BAR is offline

Default (OT) Steve Jobs.

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:07:36 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

On 10/10/2011 2:31 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:

So is renting an example of a generation being dumber?

It is an example of not owning/having a home ... I don't know that needs
any more explaining ...

There's a lot you don't know. Hardly anybody *owns* a home. And
when the bank owns more than the house is worth, or when a job comes
up and they can't sell their home to move, they wish they had rented.
I am holding off downsizing until housing values go up.

Legally I own the home, the mortgage company has a lien on the title.
Just like when you buy a car, you own the car but the finance company
has a lien on the title.

I am also subsidizing other homeowners because they have tax breaks
renters don't get. (and they are subsidizing me for the same thing).

Why is your life on hold waiting for something that may never happen?

I have heard that the housing market will not recover until 2020.

I will be moving in 3 years, selling my house, and moving to a more tax
friendly state. I will not wait for housing values to recover I will
sell to whomever comes to me with a pile of money and I will move on
with my life.

They choose to rent instead of buy because they are dumb?

There are owners, and there are those who are slaves and work/pay for
their right to squat on land ... I really don't know what you are
looking for here ... the obvious differences and benefits are simply
that, obvious, to those with the grey matter to know that/those
differences ...

Or is it they are dumb enough to create the economy where it made more
sense to rent than to buy?

The indians sold manhattan for some beads and trinkets ... the russians
sold alaska for less than one days worth of oil which comes out of there ...

Again, those capable already know the importance of these facts ... and
conduct their life accordingly ... the implications, importance and
consequences surrounding what you ask make me think something is wrong
if you must ask the question which you are ...

Regards,
JS

It is always good to examine closely held beliefs. You don't seem
to be willing to do so.