Old October 13th 11, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default (OT) Steve Jobs.

On 10/13/2011 3:04 PM, John Smith wrote:
On 10/13/2011 1:11 PM, J R wrote:
///Woooo Lawdy, tell them about it, Mope///
Yeah, Sang, I will.Apple is good for designers and architecs and film
makers and designing animations.Very few programs for novices or
business people.
///Dats Dat.Who Dat say they are going to beat them Saints?///
Missy Sippy, Sang, Missy Sippy, Dats Who!
///Choi Ka Oie!///
cuhulin

Actually, it isn't, always behind the cutting edge offered by PC's in
graphics, physics, science, etc. applications and uses ... in firmware,
hardware and software ...

Regards,
JS

For example, although different programs existed for presenting text and
graphics, in mixed, useable forms, an example is adobe reader, microsoft
first released a reader and format, .lit, which first "solidified" the
format/concept of an "ebook." It was usable on any windows computer ...
still is, but is now being discontinued ... most never even became aware
of its' existence and microsoft never worked to give it much publicity
.... it was only commonly used by those in the computer industry ... now
there are many clones in many different formats ...

Soon after, you see competitors spring up and hardware become devoted to it.

Today, my TV, Stereo, DVD Recorder, etc. IS a computer ... I don't have
a device dedicated for each and every separate task ... computer does it
all. And, so is my "ebook reader" also my computer (actually, one of my
laptops, or any of them, any desktop also, but I like to read in bed.)

To me, it is insane to buy an ebook reader when a laptop serves better ...

Frankly, html should become the standard ebook format and open access to
all, and the hardware to present it allowed to openly compete in the
marketplace "best ereader wins."

Regards,
JS