Old October 13th 11, 11:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy,talk.politics.guns
Lloyd E Parsons Lloyd E Parsons is offline

Default (OT) Steve Jobs.

On 10/13/11 5:29 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:45:12 -0700, John
wrote:

"Note: if your computer is equipped with a Graphics Processing Unit
(GPU), you may be able to use it to compute faster. "

We may. But the application I have which is intolerably slow is
Librarian Pro. Apparently it uses the Access database engine that
has troubles with libraries as large as mine. A faster graphics card
won't make it faster.

I wonder if I have any applications that I would notice a speed
increase with a faster graphics card.

In general, the only apps you see that really benefit are games and
other graphic intensive apps.

--
Lloyd