Old October 14th 11, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy,talk.politics.guns
Howard Brazee Howard Brazee is offline

Default (OT) Steve Jobs.

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:08:24 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

What is needed is run any application, not just applications purchased
thru amazon.

My wife has a Nook Color and it does just about everything she needs.
The web browser is pretty good.

No computer can run any application.

Any application can be written to run on any platform ... unless you are
talking about attempting to run an operating system on a 1.98 calculator ...

If we are comparing "applications purchased thru Amazon", and
"applications purchased somewhere else", we are talking about whether
applications are currently available. And every platform has
limitations about currently available applications that won't run on
them.

I will note again though - I do buy ebooks from Amazon to read on my
iPad.

- James Madison