Old April 29th 04, 01:54 PM
Reg Edwards

I have
acumulated literally hundreds of parts, but I can guarantee that for
any given project I wont have the exact quoted part and will have to
order in a part costing pennies with handling and delivery in pounds.

==============================

The genuine amateur, indeed the professional in thoughtful moments, looks at
the parts pile and asks himself "now what can I make from that? "

Or he visits car-boot sales stalls and asks the same question.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

A pound to a penny, after a tedius pencil and paper design and a prolonged
search, key parts will eventually be found to be not available from
anywhere. Or be too expensive. So change to another more satisfying design.

Inevitably, Economy Rules!
----
Reg, G4FGQ