Old October 16th 11, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default On topic.....vertical antenna on metal patio cover

"Sal" wrote in message ...

"Wayne" wrote in message

I put up an Outbacker by using a standard automotive rack mount clamped
on the conduit above the metal patio cover. The Outbacker was installed
simply because it was easy to do, and I have one. Results were similar
to what would be expected from an Outbacker mounted on a car. There was
an unacceptable amount of cordless phone interference on 20 meters.

Snip

Wayne
W5GIE

The cordless phone interference may be due to the power supply/charger.
(I have a little wall wart that I use for my 220 HT during weekly local
nets. It's so nasty that I need to unplug it when we shift to HF. Someday
I will replace it. Someday I will do lots of things.)

"Sal"
(KD6VKW)

Yes, quite likely as the wall wart is located about 1/4 wave on 20 m from
the antenna, and there are various possible paths. With the weather
moderating, I'll be doing antenna projects soon. The goal is 40-10 meters.
I have a separate 6 m whip on the patio cover also, but it doesn't seem to
operate as well as an attic dipole. I'll verify that when 6 opens up a bit.
--Wayne
W5GIE
-exiled in W6 land