Old October 20th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Doppler effect

"JC" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
. fr...
Sorry I don't understand: "the frequency from the stars reacts on the
rotational speed of the Earth". Can you help ?
What is the "frequency" from the stars ?

Each waves has the frequency. The light frequency measured on the Earth
has the diurinal changes (in agreement with the Michelson-Gale experiment).
But what with the annual changes?
S*
JC

"Szczepan Bialek" a écrit dans le message de news:

"Ralph Mowery" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
m...
The Doppler effect comes into play anytime two objects are moving
relative to each other.

Ham satellites often go up on one sideband and retransmit on the opposit
sideband to help counter this effect.

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
You all know that the frequency from a satellite is changing.

Does anybody know if the frequency from a spacecraft reacts on the
orbital speed of the Earth.
S*

Now we know that the frequency from the stars reacts on the rotational
speed of the Earth (in agreemment with the Michelson-Gale experiment).

By the analogy the frequency should not react on the orbital speed (MM
experiment).

But I could not find the answer.
S*