Old October 24th 11, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DEFCON 88 DEFCON 88 is offline

Default 770 KUOM

On Oct 23, 11:52*am, dxAce wrote:
Thought I'd check out 770 here at 1345 and found KUOM, University of
Minnesota, playing Adult Alternative music. ID'ing as 'Radio K', and the DJ as
'Mitch'. Listed as 5 kW.

Quite surprised at the signal strength, using the Drake R8 and 200' W-E wire.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Nice catch, especially during the daytime. Was that 1345 zulu (0945
EDT)? I'm assuming it was ground wave and not some bizarre post-
sunrise burp of the ionosphere. IIRC, Michigan recently had a soaking
rain, so maybe ground conductivity is extra good. I've heard them here
in Ohio at sunset.